Susan has extensive experience in contentious and non-contentious construction work. She has been involved in a number of recent substantial construction projects relating mostly to new build and refurbishment of high quality London residential developments.
Acting for developers, professional consultants and contractors, Susan’s work often starts at the procurement stage, dealing with development agreements, building contracts, warranties and appointments as well as related bonds, guarantees and party wall issues. Once a project is in construction, Susan deals with contract queries and where necessary, can call upon her extensive experience in adjudication, arbitration and Technology and Construction Court litigation.
Susan regularly leads seminars and prepares briefing papers for clients, most recently on adjudication and partnering. She is a regular contributor to training programmes produced by the Law Channel and has presented a number of courses for Central Law Training on Dispute Resolution and insolvency issues arising in the construction industry.
- Construction law advice for development of "The Bridge" Battersea by London Town Plc.
- Belgravia Property Company Limited v S&R (London) Limited - TCC: 18 July 2001
- Associate of the Chartered Institute of Arbitrators (ACIArb)
- Society of Construction Law
- Technology and Construction Court Solicitors Association (TeCSA)