Since no two people are alike, neither are two employees.
We always address any employment issue as an individual set of circumstances, specific to our client.
A substantial part of our employment law practice comes from clients’ recommendations.
We believe this speaks volumes about our performance and the level of client satisfaction.
Our aim is to enable our clients to deal with their increasingly complex human resources issues efficiently and effectively.
We achieve this goal through our team of specialist employment lawyers who take pride in their expertise.
We advise on all aspects of contentious and non-contentious employment law, from the point of recruitment to eventual termination including:
- all aspects of recruitment including interview processes, the employer’s obligation to confirm the right to work in the UK, the engagement of self-employed contractors including the drafting of consultancy agreements, the rights of part-time or fixed term employees, the employment of non-standard employees such as temporary, casual or home-based workers, the national minimum wage.
- advice to both employees and employers on all aspects of employment contracts, including negotiating and drafting service agreements for senior executives and standard employment contracts for other employees;
- drafting and enforcing post-termination restrictions, confidentiality obligations and other clauses for employer protection;
- drafting internal policies and procedures including disciplinary and grievance procedures, Data Protection policies, family friendly policies, IT and communications use policies, Health and Safety policies, Equal Opportunities policies, anti-bullying and harassment policies and others;
- advising HR professionals on day to day issues such as the conduct of grievance and disciplinary procedures, holiday entitlement, references, retirement, dealing with long-term or persistent absence, employee rights to time off work etc;
- assisting with the employment aspects of restructuring and consequent redundancy issues, including advice on notification, consultation, selection, redeployment, termination and appeals;
- advice and representation in Employment Tribunal including claims for unfair dismissal, wrongful dismissal, discrimination in all its forms, unlawful deduction from wages, breach of contract, equal pay claims etc;
- employment law aspects of transfers of undertakings, including assisting employers in due diligence exercises and minimising the risk of consequent claims;
- all aspects of termination of employment from junior employees to senior executives, including assisting in negotiations for and the drafting of compromise agreements;
- assistance to employers in negotiating the complexity of maternity and other family issues;
- effect of the Information and Consultation of Employees Regulations 2004.
If you require anyfurther information about the services offered by the employment team , or wish to make a specific enquiry please contact contact Alison Downie or call 0207 404 0606.