+44 (0)20 7404 0606
Goodman Derrick social media research discovers that
- 50% of businesses have a social media policy in place.
- Only 17% of businesses have provided training of the legal issues of using social media.
- 44% of businesses do not know if they can ask employees to share their business-related social media contacts.
Goodman Derrick’s report Social Media in the Workplace goes deeper and has uncovered some fascinating facts about the business case, and risks, for using common social platforms such as Twitter and LinkedIn. Over a three month period 109 business contacts completed the survey providing the employment law team with some key insights into the issues that surround social media and that are becoming increasingly significant as use increases. Topics covered include recruitment, dismissals, and contact ownership disputes. Further findings include:
- Twitter (87%) is the most used platform out of all social media channels used in business.
- 64% of participants believe that the main benefit of using social media for business is profile raising.
- Only 18% of businesses actively block social media sites on their networks.
In September 2016 Goodman Derrick hosted a series of workshops based upon the results of the survey and discussed approaches to help manage the legal and commercial risks.
If you have any queries regarding your social media presence or any HR issues surrounding your policy, the employment law team would be happy to have an initial half hour discussion with you at no charge.
To download the published report please click here, or if you would like to be sent a copy of the report, please contact Jack Osbon, Business Development Executive, Goodman Derrick LLP at firstname.lastname@example.org or on +44 (0)20 7421 7996.
Follow us: @EmpLawHeroes and on LinkedIn
For more information
Goodman Derrick LLP
- Goodman Derrick is a leading commercial law firm in the City of London
- We are recognised for providing high quality legal advice across a range of practice areas and for our distinctive, client-focused service
- “The kind of firm that gains your trust and never loses it.” Chambers and Partners Guide to the Legal Profession
- A firm of 31 experienced partners managing a team of 90
- A member of the worldwide Legal Netlink Association, a network of independent law firms