+44 (0)20 7404 0606
Exclusivity clauses: what are they and issues to consider before signing them - Sinead O'Brien published in Influence magazine
- AuthorSinead O'Brien
Sinead O'Brien, Associate in our Dispute Resolution team, has been published in Influence magazine on exclusivity clauses. The article looks at what are exclusivity clauses, and issues to consider before signing an exclusivity clause.
"If you are being asked to sign an exclusivity agreement (or to agree to such a clause which is buried in a lengthy contract) the first question you should be asking is whether this is something that you really want to agree? Does the exclusivity meet your commercial objectives?"
Key considerations discussed include:
- what is an exclusivity clause?
- what are the benefits of having an exclusivity clause?
- do I need an exclusivity clause provision?
- what happens if I breach an exclusivity clause?
The full article is available to read in Influence by clicking here.
Sinead O'Brien is a solicitor within our Dispute Resolution team and deals with a broad range of commercial disputes for both corporate and individual clients, including contractual disputes, insolvency matters, debt recovery and professional negligence.
Goodman Derrick – Specialist Domestic Arbitration and International Arbitration Lawyers based in London
- Our specialist dispute resolution lawyers are experienced at dealing with arbitrations in domestic and international settings
- The team have knowledge of the UK arbitration rules and have successfully conducted a number of domestic arbitrations
- Our international arbitration lawyers have experience of the rules of the ICC International Court of Arbitration, the International Centre for the Settlement of Investment Disputes, and the London Court of International Arbitration
- We pride ourselves on our partner-led and personal service - our first step is always to understand your position and to define your commercial objectives
- We are a trusted partner to our clients and we advice in the context of our client’s commercial position and goals as well as their legal position when dealing with commercial disputes
This guide is for general information and interest only and should not be relied upon as providing specific legal advice. If you require any further information about the issues raised in this article please contact the author or call 0207 404 0606 and ask to speak to your usual Goodman Derrick contact.