+44 (0)20 7404 0606
Q&A: Chloe Benson interviewed by Property Week
Chloe Benson, Senior Associate in our Real Estate Dispute Resolution team, features in Property Week speaking about how she got started in the property sector, what she would like to change about the industry and her cultural recommendations.
“As a property dispute resolution lawyer, I advise a mix of clients on both commercial and residential property issues. Property litigation does not always mean that you will end up in court. In fact, a lot of work I do is advisory in order to prevent litigation further down the line and to help clients find a suitable resolution without necessarily going to court."
With a passion for the film The Breakfast Club, and a career soundtrack inspired by one of the best Guns N’ Roses’ albums, Chloe offers a glimpse into what makes her tick.
Chloe also discusses
- Environmental awareness in the legal sector
- ESG in the legal sector
- Promoting a more diverse and inclusive legal sector
- Pro bono advice for property litigation
Chloe Benson specialises in property litigation work, advising on a wide range of commercial and residential property issues. Chloe acts for clients including private individuals, retailers, institutional landlords and developers. Chloe’s landlord and tenant experience includes business lease renewals (both opposed and unopposed) and dilapidations, advising on break provisions, rent arrears and forfeiture as well as service charge disputes and breach of covenant. Chloe has extensive experience in all types of possession claims, including those against trespassers. Chloe also advises clients on real property issues and neighbourly matters including restrictive covenants, easements and party wall disputes.
Goodman Derrick – Real Estate Dispute Resolution
Our Real Estate Dispute Resolution team has a wealth of experience in both the commercial and residential property sectors, the group:
- Ensures that problems are resolved in the most cost effective way and at the earliest stage
- Advise commercial clients on every type of landlord and tenant dispute in relation to both freehold and leasehold property
- Clients include nationwide retail chains, property developers, investors and managers of substantial portfolios
- Routinely assist with resolving disputes concerning service charges, covenants, agreements, and forfeiture
Goodman Derrick LLP - A London law firm focused on delivering an exceptional service to ambitious businesses and entrepreneurs.
This guide is for general information and interest only and should not be relied upon as providing specific legal advice. If you require any further information about the issues raised in this article please contact the author or call 0207 404 0606 and ask to speak to your usual Goodman Derrick contact.