+44 (0)20 7404 0606
Goodman Derrick is a City of London law firm with international capability.
Specialist teams at the firm regularly advise on:
- International Arbitrations
- Cross-border M&A
- Investments into UK companies and real estate
- Major construction projects
- London based dispute resolution
For our clients who require advice aboard, the firm has a very strong network of trusted firms across Europe, the USA, the Americas, Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
Given the complexity of international project delivery our international services are led by a strong team of experienced partners.
When it comes to local advice we will introduce a trusted lawyer who has the specific expertise to deal with the work in question, wherever and whenever it is needed.
Our clients have told us that our service and approach provides better and more cost-effective outcomes than that provided by the “big footprint” international firms.
- We regularly act for clients involved in disputes abroad and for international clients with disputes within the UK.
- We maintain strong connections with law firms across the world and we are able to secure prompt and reliable advice for our clients.
- We carefully select local lawyers we know well, given the specific facts of the case.
Cross-border M&A and investing in the UK
- We act for privately-held and publicly listed corporate clients in relation to M&A, investments, disposals, and takeovers.
- Our clients are both UK-headquartered companies who are expanding internationally and non-UK companies investing in the UK.
- International advice is provided by a trusted network of corporate advisers.
- For clients seeking to access the London capital markets we have strong Takeover Code expertise.
Construction and major projects
- A strong cross-departmental Construction Group provides contentious and non-contentious advice to international clients.
- Our clients are property owners, developers, contractors and consultants.
- All forms of dispute resolution are undertaken, from adjudication and High Court litigation to ICC arbitrations.
- Our clients require commercial outcomes and we are skilled in using negotiation and mediation techniques to achieve these efficiently.
- We have experience of performing third party neutral roles, including as professionally appointed adjudicators and arbitrators.
- International investors continue to be active in all segments of the UK real estate sector.
- Our real estate expertise covers all types of transactions including investment, development and related disputes.
- Our advice covers commercial property in all regions and high-value residential in London and the home counties.
- We also advice our clients on other related high value purchases such as cars, yachts, planes and helicopters.
- Clients benefit from our exceptionally strong network of brokers, bankers and agents.
- International clients continue to access London Courts in high numbers.
- Goodman Derrick’s specialist international dispute resolution team are unencumbered by conflicts.
- The team often deal with complex and high-value cases, providing comprehensive, practical and commercial support.
- Expertise covers: adjudication, litigation, arbitration, alternative dispute resolution including structured negotiation and mediation.
- Goodman Derrick offers a French language service for Francophone clients who want advice on English law but using French language, or non French speakers who need to undertake business or personal transactions in French-speaking countries.
- Our team of French-speaking lawyers, including partners Dominic Prentis (corporate) and Debbie Rider (litigation), can guide you through the English legal system and identify those particular cultural differences can otherwise become obstacles.
- For those who require advice in French-speaking countries, we work alongside an extensive network of other advisers which stretches from France, Belgium, Luxembourg and Switzerland to Francophone Africa.
- The team includes a stagiaire who is either in the process of qualifying as a lawyer or has already completed their legal training in France or another French-speaking country. Do not hesitate to contact us if we can help you.
Legal Netlink Alliance
Goodman Derrick LLP is a member of Legal Netlink Europe Ltd. For more information please visit www.legalnetlink.net.