+44 (0)20 7404 0606
Goodman Derrick Advises on the Sale of The Planning Shop International to Omnicom Group
Goodman Derrick has advised the majority shareholder on the sale of The Planning Shop International (TPSi) to a division of Omnicom Group.
TPSi is a global specialist healthcare brand strategy agency who provide unique consumer-based insight into every step of the product life cycle.TPSi offer specialist research tools providing tailored, innovative marketing solutions in qualitative and quantitative research for both pharmaceutical and over-the-counter (OTC) markets. Their highly experienced teams, headquartered in London and Philadelphia, have 20 years of consumer and healthcare experience.
TPSi was acquired by Adelphi Worldwide, part of The DAS Group of Companies (DAS), a division of Omnicom Group (NYSE:OMC). TPSi will join Adelphi's portfolio of healthcare evidence and solutions businesses, to strengthen their global research and insight capabilities in the United States and Europe, working across the product and health intervention lifecycle.
Kim Hughes TPSi CEO said, “The fit between Adelphi’s product development focus with the brand focus of TPSi provides numerous synergy opportunities. Partnering this real world, market access and communications expertise will create value for our clients. We are confident we have found the ideal home for our business.”
Tanya Shillingford, Corporate partner at Goodman Derrick commented: "We were pleased to complete this once in a life-time deal for our long-standing client and I'm confident that TPSi will continue successfully in its new home.”
Notes to editors:
- Goodman Derrick LLP is a commercial law firm in the City of London offering best in class expertise across a range of practice areas and a distinctive, client-focussed service.
- The firm is made up of 30 experienced partners managing a team of 90, organised into specialist practice and sector groups.
- Goodman Derrick’s corporate department advises a number of listed companies on their transactions and corporate affairs.
- Recognised as leading lawyers by the independent guides to the legal profession, Chambers & Partners and Legal 500.
- “The kind of firm that gains your trust and never loses it”, Chambers and Partners Guide to the Legal Profession.
- A member of the worldwide Legal Netlink Association, a network of independent law firms.
If you require further information please contact:
Tanya Shillingford, Partner, Goodman Derrick at email@example.com or on +44 (0)20 7421 7906
James Caulfield, Head of Business Development, Goodman Derrick at firstname.lastname@example.org or on +44 (0)20 7421 7968