+44 (0)20 7404 0606
Pavilion Books acquired by Harper Collins
Long-standing Goodman Derrick client Pavilion Books has been acquired by Harper Collins, in a deal which sees them taking the Pavilion imprints Collins & Brown, Pavilion, Portico, Robson, National Trust and Pavilion Children’s.
Polly Powell, previously CEO and owner of Pavilion, said she was "thrilled" with the move, adding she had increasingly felt that Pavilion "would be best served, and at home, under the roof of one of the big houses".
The transaction sees the Batsford and Pitkin imprints retained by Polly Powell as part of B.T. Batsford, which remains a standalone privately owned business.
“I am delighted that our Pavilion business has a new home at Harper Collins. We were in trusted hands with the Goodman Derrick corporate team – they have advised us over many years and know our business well. I was very pleased to have them on board for this once in a lifetime transaction, as their commercial and pragmatic advice over the course of the negotiations played a significant part in helping to get the deal over the line.”
James Caulfield, Head of Business Development, +44 (0)20 7421 7968, firstname.lastname@example.org
Goodman Derrick LLP
- A London law firm focused on delivering an exceptional service to ambitious businesses and entrepreneurs
- A corporate adviser to a wide-range of listed, national and international businesses, including many household names, providing highly-regarded M&A and Capital Markets representation
- Our recent corporate track record is available here
- Recognised as a Top 10 UK Firm for client service in The Legal 500’s Client Service Awards 2019
- Recommended as a leading law firm in key practices by the independent guides to the legal profession, Chambers & Partners and Legal 500