+44 (0)20 7404 0606
Goodman Derrick's corporate team complete two technology sector M&A deals
Goodman Derrick’s financial year has started buoyantly with the firm’s corporate team completing two significant technology M&A transactions in May and June
The recent closure of the sale of Adsensa Ltd to Exari came quickly on the heels of the completion of the sale of a majority stake in REG (UK) Ltd (‘REG’) in connection with an investment of £8 million from Disruptive Capital Investments Ltd. Goodman Derrick acted for the major shareholders and founders of both Adsensa and REG.
Exari’s purchase of Adsensa, funded with private equity backing from US firm Beacon Equity Partners and debt provider Wellington Financial, has created for the first time a complete contract life-cycle management platform which will enable companies automatically to assemble contracts, track every contract within the organisation, and analyse those contracts to ensure compliance and enhance revenues. Adsensa joins a successful group with locations in Boston, Chicago, Bergen, London, Munich and Melbourne.
The Adsensa sale comes quickly after the completion of a significant transaction for REG, the leading online counterparty risk management platform for the UK general insurance market. The transaction saw the sale of a majority stake in REG coupled with an investment of £8 million from Disruptive into the technology business, launched in 2014, valuing it at £20 million.
Paul Webb, lead partner on both transactions, commented:
“In the case of both Adsensa and REG, we had acted for the company founders since the businesses were first established, and had worked with both companies as they became market leaders in their respective sectors. Both were award-winning businesses and REG was acclaimed as Insurance Times’ Insurtech startup of the Year in 2016. We were delighted to act for the shareholders in relation to these significant stages in the development of two innovative British technology companies.
It has been a very promising start to the financial year for the Goodman Derrick corporate team. We are seeing great valuations and opportunities for technology companies and entrepreneurs who have developed successful businesses with further scope to scale.”
About Goodman Derrick LLP
- Goodman Derrick's transaction teams were led by partner Paul Webb and included Jessica Nugent, Rebecca Gardner and Chris Smith (corporate), Jane Innes (tax) and Katee Dias (employment).
- The firm's corporate team of 17 lawyers is known for its commercial approach to delivering client transactions.
- Adviser to FTSE-listed, national and international businesses, with an exceptional track-record in the technology sector.
- The firm is made up of 31 experienced partners managing a team of 90, organised into specialist practices and sector groups.
- Recognised as leading lawyers by the independent guides to the legal profession, Chambers & Partners and Legal 500.
- “The kind of firm that gains your trust and never loses it.” Chambers and Partners Guide to the Legal Profession.
- A member of the worldwide Legal Netlink Association.
If you require any further information please contact:
Paul Webb, Partner, Corporate, Goodman Derrick at email@example.com or on +44 (0)20 7404 0606
James Caulfield, Head of Business Development, Goodman Derrick at firstname.lastname@example.org or on +44 (0)7815 846 124