+44 (0)20 7404 0606
Boost your business: unlock the potential - Goodman Derrick and techUK networking and panel event with Jacqueline de Rojas - 17 September
Please join Goodman Derrick and techUK for an evening of discussion and tech networking on our roof terrace in the heart of the City.
Our evening will start with a panel of tech leaders discussing their experience of encouraging female engagement at all levels within their businesses and the consequential benefits that they have seen, not least to their bottom line. The panel will be asked to discuss Baroness Martha Lane Fox's comments in the light of a recent survey of Tech London Advocates members which found that 23% of tech firms do not have any women in senior positions*:
“There is a greater proportion of women in the House of Lords than British tech companies. We must accept the scale of this problem and work together to put women at the heart of the technology sector.”
- Shape the agenda in relation to this crucial issue
- Network with other senior leaders in the sector
- Meet techUK’s senior team and the technology group at Goodman Derrick
Jacqueline de Rojas, Area VP, Citrix, Non-Exec Director HRG & President of techUK. Jacqueline has recently been named as the most influential woman in UK IT by Computer Weekly Magazine, she was appointed President of the techUK Board on 16th July. Please click here to read more.
Susan Bowen, Chief of Staff, Hewlett-Packard, leading HP's cross company strategy on behalf of the UK and Ireland Managing Director. Susan's profile is available here.
Jeffrey Tijssen, Managing Principal, CAPCO. Jeff is passionate about FinTech and helping startups to succeed. He co-chairs the FinTech Working Group at Tech London Advocates, a private sector led coalition of expert individuals from the tech sector and broader community who have committed to championing London’s potential as a world-class hub for tech and digital businesses. He currently runs the Challenger Banking practice at Capco, a global management and technology consulting firm, where he advises new entrants to the UK and European banking market. Jeff Tijssen's LinkedIn.
Where: Goodman Derrick LLP, 10 St Bride Street, London EC4A 4AD
When: Thursday 17th September 2015, from 17:45pm to 20:30pm
18:15 Welcome from Goodman Derrick and techUK
18:20 Panel discussion and Q&A
19:20 Drinks and canapés
RSVP: Please RSVP to Jack Osbon in Goodman Derrick's Business Development team at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Goodman Derrick is a leading commercial law firm in the City of London
- Goodman Derrick's technology group advises a wide range of technology-focused businesses, including those in information technology, digital media, cleantech, biotechnology and other life sciences
- Adviser to FTSE-listed, national and international businesses, including many household names
- Recognised as leading lawyers by the independent guides to the legal profession, Chambers & Partners and Legal 500
- “The kind of firm that gains your trust and never loses it.” Chambers and Partners Guide to the Legal Profession
- A member of the worldwide Legal Netlink Association
- techUK represents the companies and technologies that are defining today the world that we will live in tomorrow
- More than 850 companies are members of techUK. Collectively they employ more than 500,000 people, about half of all tech sector jobs in the UK. These companies range from leading FTSE 100 companies to new innovative start-ups. The majority of our members are small and medium sized businesses.
- techUK is committed to helping its members and the sector grow.
For more information
James Caulfield, Head of Business Development, Goodman Derrick LLP at email@example.com or on +44 (0)7815 846 124
*Survey of Tech London Advocates members, an independent network of over 1,600 tech experts, leaders and investors in the capital. June 2015.