+44 (0)20 7404 0606
Goodman Derrick Host Panel Discussion on Music Rights
Goodman Derrick was delighted to host a successful panel discussion on Thursday 19th September. The event, which focused on music rights in film and television, was jointly run with Women in Film and Television UK (WFTV UK), the leading membership organisation for women working in creative media in the UK.
Ellen Gallagher, solicitor in Goodman Derrick’s Media, Technology and Communications Group, chaired the panel, which included Ian Neil, Director of Music for Film, TV, Advertising and Computer Games at Sony Music and Claire Jarvis, Director of Music Services at BSkyB, who spoke on the use of music in Film and in TV respectively.
Professionals from across the industry attended, including producers, directors and others who wished to learn more about music rights. The panel discussion was followed by a reception.
Paul Herbert, Head of Media, Technology and Communications commented:
‘It was a very successful evening: great practical insight from Ian and Claire, each from their own perspectives, and expertly chaired by our very own Ellen Gallagher. It went down very well with the audience, as did the post event refreshments and we look forward to working with WFTV UK again in the future’.
Goodman Derrick’s – Media, Technology and Communications Group
- The Group covers a broad range of contentious and non-contentious legal issues, handling legal, regulatory and contractual issues in technology, broadcast, digital and print media, film, sports and advertising
- The Group is highly regarded within the industry, giving ‘expertise on content and corporate matters as well as technical and digital issues’. Chambers & Partners
- The Group offers a “personalised service and excellent turnaround times and is finely tuned to the needs of clients. They explain everything quickly and clearly, and have superb analytical skills”. Legal 500
Goodman Derrick LLP
- Highly experienced lawyers who are widely recommended in the national and international editions of the independent legal directories, Chambers and Partners and Legal 500
- 28 experienced partners managing a team of 80, organised into specialist practices and sector groups
- Adviser to FTSE-listed, national and international businesses, including many household names
- “The kind of firm that gains your trust and never loses it.” Chambers and Partners Guide to the Legal Profession 2012
- A member of the worldwide Legal Netlink Association, a network of independent law firms, and associated with Levy & McRae, leading Scottish solicitors
About Women in Film and Television UK
Women in Film and Television UK are part of an international network of over 10,000 women worldwide. Members come from a broad range of professions spanning the entire creative media industry. WFTV UK host a variety of events throughout the year and run a mentoring programme for women in the industry. They also collaborate with industry bodies on research projects and lobby for women’s interests. For more information, please click here.
For more information about the above, please contact:
Paul Herbert, Head of Media, Technology and Communications, email@example.com or on +44 (0)207 421 7922
James Caulfield, Head of Business Development, firstname.lastname@example.org or on +44 (0)7815 846 124