+44 (0)20 7404 0606
Goodman Derrick's corporate team advise Pooch & Mutt on the sale of a minority stake to Czech pet food producer VAFO
Goodman Derrick’s corporate team have advised London-based Pooch & Mutt on the sale of a minority stake to Czech pet food producer VAFO.
The multi-million pound deal, which sees Petr Kří of VAFO Group join the board, provides Pooch & Mutt with the capability to implement their European growth plans.
Commenting on the investment, Pooch & Mutt founder Guy Blaskey said:
“It has taken a long time to find the right deal and the right partner. With VAFO we now have access to the best manufacturing in Europe with the widest range of products produced by any pet food manufacturer. We are now part of a network of ambitious companies who share our values and make great products.”
Dominic Prentis, partner in the Goodman Derrick M&A team, commented;
“This is an excellent deal for Pooch & Mutt and for their key supplier, Vafo. Pooch & Mutt now has the ideal platform to expand further into the UK and Europe and to deliver more top quality food to more pets.”
The Goodman Derrick was led by corporate partner Dominic Prentis and included:
Catherine Hayes, Senior Associate, Corporate
Alexandra Bonner, Partner, Employment
Julia Weeks, Associate, Corporate
Stephanie Brobbey, Senior Associate, Personal Tax and Trusts
Remy Ormesher, Associate, Employment
For further information
Goodman Derrick LLP
- 20 partners leading a team of 90
- Recognised as a Top 10 UK Firm for client service in The Legal 500’s Client Service Awards 2019
- The go-to London firm for ambitious businesses, entrepreneurs and high net worth and high profile individuals.
- Recommended as a leading law firm in key practices by the independent guides to the legal profession, Chambers & Partners and Legal 500
- A corporate adviser to FTSE-listed, national and international businesses, including many household names
- Our Capital Markets team advise clients listed on the Main Market, AIM, the Aquis Exchange and the International Securities Market, acting for issuers, brokers, nominated advisers, and investors.