+44 (0)20 7404 0606
Goodman Derrick to host HR hospitality roundtable
Goodman Derrick will be hosting another HR hospitality roundtable, exclusively for HR professionals within the hospitality sector, on Thursday 19th March.
HR professionals in the hospitality sector face many unique challenges. This session seeks to help develop legal knowledge and allows you to bounce ideas around with peers to provide a practical know-how session.
Agenda: Thursday 19 March
8.30am Arrive and network over breakfast
9.00am Session starts:
Legal Issue: The Statutory Defence in Discrimination Claims
- Did you know that if you do enough as an organisation to prevent discrimination from occurring, you might be able to avoid liability in a discrimination claim?
- Learn what steps you can take to better protect your business against liability for discrimination.
HR Issues: Recruitment and Retention
- How easy is it to recruit individuals?
- Do they consider it a career for life?
- What initiatives have been successful?
Case Analysis: Can you rely on Occupational Health Reports?
- A review of the cases of Gallop (2013) and Kelly (2019) and the lessons can we learn.
- Can an employer rely on an OH report’s conclusions?
- What questions should you ask to get a more useful report?
11.00am Closing and networking over tea/coffee
To RSVP please contact Jack Osbon on email@example.com or (0)20 7421 7996.
Our Hospitality & Leisure Services
Specialist lawyers from across the firm’s practice groups advise a wide range of hospitality & leisure clients on both transactional activities and operational issues.
The members of the hospitality & leisure team are experienced in advising hospitality & leisure companies on sales and acquisitions of businesses, whether as a single asset or a large portfolio. The involvement of a multi-disciplinary team of lawyers ensures our clients have the benefit of specialist sector knowledge covering all aspects of the transaction.
For more information please visit: https://www.gdlaw.co.uk/site/business_sectors/hotels/