+44 (0)20 7404 0606
Goodman Derrick to host HR hospitality workshop
Goodman Derrick will be hosting an HR hospitality workshop exclusively for HR professionals within the hospitality sector on the morning of Thursday 19th September.
HR professionals in the hospitality sector face many unique challenges. This roundtable session seeks to help develop legal knowledge and allows you to bounce ideas around with peers to provide a practical know-how session.
Date Thursday 19 September
Time 8.45am - 11.30am
Venue Goodman Derrick LLP 10 St Bride Street London EC4A 4AD
8.45am Arrive and network over breakfast goodies
9.00am Session starts:
Legal developments: Good Work Plan – Contractual Terms
- Did you know that it is soon to become a day 1 right for an employee to have a written document confirming their basic terms of employment?
- Are you aware that additional information needs to be included in the statement?
- Have you realised that a statement will also need to be given to workers, not just employees?
HR Issues: Mental health in the workplace
- What are the legal protections?
- What steps can be taken to improve mental health wellbeing at work?
- What inititives have you implemented?
Case analysis: How to handle covert recordings by employees
- A review of the recent case of Phoenix House Limited v Stockman (2019)
- Is it misconduct? Is it gross misconduct?
- Can the recording be used as evidence in an Employment Tribunal?
11.00am Closing and networking over coffee
Please complete our quick registration form here.
If you would like any further information about this event please contact Jack Osbon on email@example.com or (0)20 7421 7996.
Goodman Derrick LLP
- 32 partners leading a team of over 100
- Recognised as a Top 10 UK Firm for client service in The Legal 500’s Client Service Awards 2019
- Recommended as a leading law firm in key practices by the independent guides to the legal profession, Chambers & Partners and Legal 500
- An adviser to FTSE-listed, national and international businesses, including many household names
- A member of Legal Netlink, a network of independent medium-sized law firms, please see our international page for more information
- Founded in 1954 by Lord Goodman and established as a limited liability partnership in 2006