+44 (0)20 7404 0606
Joanna Higton, Corporate Partner, Joins Goodman Derrick
Goodman Derrick LLP is pleased to announce Joanna Higton has joined the firm as a partner in the corporate group.
Joanna joins from Maclay Murray & Spens LLP. Joanna’s practice is made up of corporate transactional work for UK private and public companies.
Joanna has worked as a corporate lawyer for over 25 years. Joanna advises her clients across a variety of sectors on M&A transactions, JVs, and MBOs and individuals on start ups, exits and shareholders agreements. For public company clients, Joanna advised on flotations, both on AIM and Main Market, fundraisings, reorganisations and takeovers as well as providing strategic advice to the board on corporate governance issues. Notably, Joanna was the lead legal adviser on the first takeover of a split capital investment trust under the Takeover Code. Joanna’s practice includes a significant number of clients within the leisure sector including restaurants and bars and other clients within the retail sector.
Tanya Shillingford, head of Goodman Derrick’s corporate group said: “We are delighted that Joanna has joined Goodman Derrick. Joanna brings further strength to our corporate practice following on from the recruitment of three corporate partners in the last two years. Joanna also has a great reputation in the leisure industry which builds on our established presence in that sector.”
Joanna Higton said: “Goodman Derrick provide a full service offering in the City of London and has a very personal approach in the way advice is delivered. I’m really pleased to have joined the firm.”
Notes to editors:
- A team of 28 experienced partners managing a team of 80, organised into specialist practices and sector groups.
- Adviser to FTSE-listed, national and international businesses, including many household names.
- Recognised as leading lawyers by the independent guides to the legal profession, Chambers & Partners and Legal 500.
- “The kind of firm that gains your trust and never loses it.” Chambers and Partners Guide to the Legal Profession 2012.
- A member of the worldwide Legal Netlink Association, a network of independent law firms, and associated with Levy & McRae, leading Scottish solicitors.
If you require any further information please contact James Caulfield, Head of Business Development, Goodman Derrick at email@example.com or on +44 (0)20 7421 7968.