+44 (0)20 7404 0606
Goodman Derrick advises on technology acquisition
Goodman Derrick has advised OMG plc in relation to its placing and open offer, raising a total of £9 million, and in respect of its acquisition of Mayrise Limited, a company providing highways and management software products and services to local authorities and utilities.
OMG plc is a diversified technology group which provides image and motion analysis products to a range of customers in the entertainment, life science, defence and engineering industries. In addition to providing funding for the acquisition of Mayrise Limited, the proceeds of the placing and open offer will provide working capital for the development of OMG’s automatic wearable camera, “Autographer”.
OMG plc director Cathy Robertson commented: “This was a significant fundraising and acquisition for the group, and we were delighted to work with Goodman Derrick on the transactions.”
Paul Webb, who led the Goodman Derrick team including Rebecca Gardner, Tristan Mutimer, Joanna Higton and Tanya Shillingford (corporate) and Clare Gilroy-Scott (employment) commented: “We were delighted to support OMG plc on the fundraising and acquisition. The successful growth of our technology practice is reflected in our involvement on deals such as this, and our continuing representation of funds, companies and entrepreneurs in the sector.”
Notes to editors:
- Goodman Derrick’s corporate team of 14 lawyers is known for its commercial approach to delivering client transactions.
- Our technology sector team advises a wide range of technology-focused businesses, including those in information technology, digital media, cleantech, biotechnology and other life sciences.
- The firm is made up of 26 experienced partners managing a team of 80, organised into specialist practice and sector groups.
- Adviser to FTSE-listed, national and international businesses, including many household names.
- Recognised as leading lawyers by the independent guides to the legal profession, Chambers & Partners and Legal 500.
- “The kind of firm that gains your trust and never loses it.” Chambers and Partners Guide to the Legal Profession 2012.
- A member of the worldwide Legal Netlink Association, a network of independent law firms, and associated with Levy & McRae, leading Scottish solicitors.
If you require any further information please contact James Caulfield, Head of Business Development, Goodman Derrick at email@example.com or on +44 (0)20 7421 7968.