+44 (0)20 7404 0606
Goodman Derrick's corporate team advises market leading British technology company as it secures crucial seed funding
Goodman Derrick's corporate team has advised Pimloc, the visual privacy and security technology company, on its £1.4M seed funding round, led by Amadeus Capital Partners with participation from Speedinvest and existing shareholders.
Goodman Derrick’s team was led by experienced partner and head of technology, Paul Webb, who commented:
“Congratulations to Pimloc on closing this important strategic investment. We were pleased to have the opportunity to advise a market leading and highly innovative British company, which as a result of the new investment is now well placed for its next phase of growth.”
Simon Randall, CEO, said,
“Video is being captured more often, by more devices and in more locations than ever before. Historically much of this footage has resided with security officers but now other business functions want to extract valuable data from this content. How this data is managed and shared is raising critical legal and ethical questions for data privacy.
The Goodman Derrick team took care to understand our business and technology, and their experience was invaluable in guiding us smoothly through the investment process and documentation.”
For further information
James Caulfield, Head of Business Development, +44 (0)20 7421 7968, firstname.lastname@example.org
Goodman Derrick LLP
- The Goodman Derrick team was led by experienced partner and head of technology, Paul Webb, assisted by Catherine Hayes, Senior Associate, Corporate.
- 25 partners leading a team of 90
- Recognised as a Top 10 UK Firm for client service in The Legal 500’s Client Service Awards 2019
- Recommended as a leading law firm in key practices by the independent guides to the legal profession, Chambers & Partners and Legal 500
- A corporate adviser to FTSE-listed, national and international businesses, including many household names
- Our specialist technology sector team help companies, entrepreneurs and investors realise, protect and commercialise ideas
Pimloc is a British technology company providing specialist deep learning services for video security and data privacy applications. Since formation in 2016 it has developed a world leading platform for the ingestion, detection, classification, and protection of diverse image and video content. Pimloc’s platform powers two products: ‘Pholio’-a customisable system for detecting specialist content in large image collections and streams and ‘Secure Redact’ - a service for the automatic protection of sensitive/personal content in video. www.pimloc.com, www.secureredact.co.uk.