+44 (0)20 7404 0606
Jonathan is a Partner in the Commercial Dispute Resolution team.
He specialises in a broad range of commercial disputes including contractual issues, professional negligence claims, company/partnership disputes, fraud claims, consumer disputes and insurance claims. He has also acted for numerous businesses and office holders in insolvency related matters, including breach of duty and wrongful trading claims.
Jonathan has represented businesses and individuals from a wide variety of industry sectors on both national and cross-jurisdictional disputes, working frequently in the Chancery and Queen’s Bench Divisions of the English High Court. He also advises on various forms of alternative dispute resolution and has represented many clients in mediation with a high success rate of settlement. He adopts a commercial and pragmatic approach to litigation and aims to provide clear and straightforward advice to his clients.
Jonathan has been described in Legal 500 directory as an “experienced litigator” (2020 edition) and a “key individual” within the Commercial Dispute Resolution team (2022 edition).
Jonathan’s recent high profile cases include acting for:
- the former director of an insolvent company in defence of various claims for wrongful trading, misfeasance and breach of duty
- a US businessman in a High Court fraud claim against multiple Defendants involving the misappropriation of eight classic cars
- a group of Hong Kong based trade creditors in relation to the investigation and pursuit of substantial claims arising out of the Bonmarche administration
- a prominent classic car firm on a variety of complex consumer claims being pursued in the context of a major corporate restructuring
- a Rugby Union Club involved in arbitral proceedings relating to a purported breach of the salary cap regulations
- a retail business in a contractual dispute with a high-profile pop start for their failure to comply with various social media and promotional obligations
- a national dairy processing and packaging supplier in relation to a large High Court professional negligence claim against its quality consultant