Jonathan is a solicitor within the Dispute Resolution team whose practice covers a broad range of commercial disputes for corporates and individuals including contractual issues, professional negligence, company/partnership disputes and insurance claims across a variety of industry sectors. Jonathan also has experience of various forms of alternative dispute resolution and has represented many clients in mediation with a high success rate of settlement. He adopts a commercial and pragmatic approach to litigation and aims to provide clear and straightforward advice to his clients.
Having trained with a national firm in Sheffield, Jonathan moved to a boutique firm in Leeds upon qualification as a solicitor in 2011. He made the move south to join Goodman Derrick in July 2017.
- Acting for a property company in a claim against its commercial lender for misrepresentation and multiple breaches of the lending facility. The instruction included a contested injunction application to prevent the lender from appointing receivers.
- Acting for a retail business in a contractual dispute with a well-known pop star for her failure to comply with various social media and promotional obligations.
- Acting for an international manufacturer on a substantial claim for damages against its former energy broker and supplier for fraudulent misrepresentation in relation to brokerage services and supply provided.
- Acting for the trustees of a national drinks company pension scheme in a claim for professional negligence against its former administrators in relation to a failure to equalise and close the scheme.
- Acting for a UK postal service provider in a substantial and complex contractual dispute with various European postal operators over brand usage and exclusivity.
- Acting for a large printing press business in a claim against its insurer and insurance broker over the insurer's refusal to indemnify for losses suffered in a warehouse fire, as a consequence of a number of purported material non-disclosures.
1997 – 2004 Lady Manners School
2004 - 2007 University of Leeds
2008 – 2009 College of Law, York
Out of the office
Jonathan enjoys all things sport related. In particular rugby union, although his playing days are now well and truly behind him. He is also a keen traveler and has made it one of his life’s ambitions to visit every country in the world.