+44 (0)20 7404 0606
Real Estate Development
Our specialist real estate development team provide developers, funders and landowners with commercially driven advice that delivers complex client projects.
The London based team is led by two specialist partners, Dominic Whelan and Chris Langan, who use their experience to bring together professional teams to help clients achieve their goals. The team also includes real estate lawyers at all levels, real estate disputes lawyers, construction law advisers, and corporate lawyers with knowledge of structuring property companies.
Our clients are:
- Real estate developers of all sizes
- Multi unit real estate developers: build to rent, affordable housing, and student accommodation
- Mid size housebuilders
- Trading property companies, land buyers and promoters
- Commercial and mixed use real estate developers
- Leisure developers
- Specialist funders
Our real estate development service
The advice we provide is pragmatic and commercial and we are geared to deliver complex, multi-party property developments projects involving subject to planning acquisitions and disposals, option agreements, development management agreements, land promotion agreements, corporate and commercial joint ventures, profit participation agreements and overage arrangements.
Our internal team is well structured and our clients also benefit from our well managed network of property professionals. As such we are often able to provide the right person to help our clients solve common problems and navigate development obstacles, such as accessing finance, planning, environmental issues, rights of light, social impact, and changing legislation and regulation.
Clients also find that the team quickly understand long term commercial objectives and as part of our client process we make it our business to understand yours. Ultimately our goal is to have long term clients who trust us on their most important work. For further information and to discuss your project with no initial commitment please contact either Dominic Whelan or Chris Langan in the first instance.
- Acting for a landowner in respect of a 180 acre land promotion agreement relating to a mixed use development
- Acting for consortium of owner-occupier businesses in sale of combined development site for a live/work development
- Acting for business owner in sale of operating premises on a subject to planning basis to student accommodation developer
- Acting for modular design/shipping container developer in development of creative and leisure space, social housing units and aparthotel
- Acting for a leading home counties residential developer in its acquisition of a development site on a subject to planning and environmental remediation conditionality basis Acting for landowner on the sale of green belt land on a subject to planning basis to national housebuilder
- Acting for developer in creation of central London development through a series of conditional development agreements and sale of combined site to national housebuilder on subject to planning basis
- Acting for developer in major redevelopment of iconic central London hotel
- Acting for on large scale office pre-lets involving significant development obligations on both parties
Please see our related real estate services on the right.