+44 (0)20 7404 0606
You’ve come to the experts.
Our media team is highly regarded within the industry. According to Chambers & Partners, we are “extremely user-friendly, pragmatic and competitive,” the team receives considerable praise for its in-depth knowledge of broadcasting regulation and for its client service: “They’re easy-going, accessible and approachable” “We use them because of their personal touch in media – they treat clients individually. They are not complacent or pushy”
Our broadcasting practice is one of the firm’s cornerstones. With almost 50 years’ experience and an impressive and long standing list of clients, we are at the forefront of the Broadcast and Digital Media sectors.
We act for various platform operators, broadcasters, production companies and associated entities. As a result we have encountered a vast and diverse range of subjects and issues which gives us an acknowledged expertise in the following areas:-
Programme content and advertising;
- Advising on all areas of law and regulation affecting all forms of broadcast and media content, eg confidence, copyright, contempt, defamation & privacy; Ofcom Broadcasting Code & BCAP Code of Broadcast Advertising.
Broadcasting and Communications legislation;
- The licensing regime for television programme services and digital broadcasting;
- The new regime for VOD Services;
- Listed Events and other Ofcom regulatory codes and rules;
- Gaming and Lotteries.
Distribution and transmission of channels;
- Carriage agreements;
- Technology and infrastructure agreements.
Drawing on all of the above areas and our general experience in the sector, we are retained by numerous media clients as a sounding board and source of general strategic and tactical advice on a very wide range of issues;
- Dispute avoidance;
- Due diligence on corporate media transactions.
Through our associated firms we also provide our clients with access to the expertise of law firms across Europe and North America.
In the UK and abroad, our strength reflects the needs of our clients.
If you require any further information about the services offered by the Broadcasting team, or wish to make a specific enquiry, please contact Paul Herbert by email or call 020 7421 792.