+44 (0)20 7404 0606
The experienced partners in Goodman Derrick's dispute resolution department have built a strong reputation and impressive track record for defending and bringing civil fraud claims.
The team of three specialists, supported by eight lawyers, bring wide ranging experience, covering small claims for SMEs to the very largest and most complex claims, usually involving multiple defendants, often working in tandem with large international firms.
As in other departments our civil fraud advice is both partner-led and competitively priced, a reflection of the firm’s structure, our culture and our low cost base.
Our unique approach, aimed at providing exceptional client service and the best possible advice, was recognised in the Legal 500’s 2019 National Client Service Awards in which we were placed in the top 10 firms in the country, alongside some of the largest and most well known in the City of London.
As well as specialist advisers and dedication to delivering high levels of service, our clients also benefit from our long-standing history in the City and our established connections. These extend to other law firms, barristers, forensic accountants, banks, asset tracers, specialist investigators, and our large overseas networks.
We offer a full and strategic civil fraud service that covers:
- Claimant or Defendant and co-defendant representation in all sizes of claims
- Economically viable representation in smaller claims for SMEs, with flexible fee arrangements possible
- Sound strategic advice at the pre-claim stage
- Independent success and risk analysis at all stages of a claim
- Asset tracing
- All forms of injunctions/orders:
- Freezing injunctions
- Search orders
- Receivership awards
- Confidentiality orders
- Enforcement of Court Orders and recovery
Our service is backed up by technology that enables us to drive both outcomes and value for money for our clients. We use the very latest case management and filing software and when necessary we employ artificial intelligence, predictive coding and electronic asset tracing tools.
For more information about our unique approach and our deep experience please contact Dan Dodman in the first instance.
Recent and representative experience includes:
- Otkritie v Urumov & others - Acting for a major Russian bank in a successful High Court action against a number of ex-employees accused of fraud. The case was worth over £200 million, the trial lasted for almost six months and involved related proceedings in numerous jurisdictions with over twenty witnesses.
- Acting for an individual defendant in an alleged complex petroleum fraud. The case was alleged to be worth over USD300 million.
- Acting for an individual defendant in respect of fraud allegations made against her to the amount of £60 million. The case involved a world-wide freezing order and has links to Romania, the West Indies, Switzerland and the Netherlands.
- Acting for a group of Claimants to recover assets in a fraudulent UK property scheme.
- Acting for a Claimant in a multi-million dollar classic car fraud.
- Acting for a property developer in relation to the fraudulent actions of a JV partner.