+44 (0)20 7404 0606
Real Estate Dispute Resolution
Our Real Estate Dispute Resolution team has a wealth of experience in both the commercial and residential property sectors.
Our lawyers work closely with the firm’s non-contentious Real Estate group to provide dispute resolution support and assistance when it is required. Our advice is focused on facilitating practical and commercial solutions.
Our approach ensures that problems are resolved in the most cost effective way and at the earliest stage. We know that our clients will want to avoid litigation in the courts but if matters need to be hard fought then we are highly experienced at dealing with cases at all levels of the court system.
We advise our commercial clients on every type of landlord and tenant dispute in relation to both freehold and leasehold property. We have become well known for advising in relation to complex developments such as shopping centres and large mixed use sites.
Our commercial clients include nationwide retail chains, property developers, investors and managers of substantial portfolios as well as international organisations with UK property interests.
On the residential side, we advise and act for tenants and landlords in the management of blocks and routinely assist with resolving disputes concerning service charges, the enforcement of covenants, management agreements, tenant and landlord default, forfeiture and relief from forfeiture.
We also specialise in the leasehold enfranchisement of flats and houses, handling cases in the First Tier Tribunal (Property Chamber) and beyond. We have specialist knowledge in the area of enfranchisement claims and enfranchisement related litigation.
The range of work we undertake includes the following:
- Service Charge Disputes under Residential and Commercial leases
- Forfeiture and Possession actions in both residential and commercial sectors
- Relief from forfeiture and other equitable remedies, waiver and estoppel
- Leasehold Enfranchisement of flats and houses
- Dilapidations Claims
- Serving break notices to terminate commercial leases
- Contested and uncontested business lease renewals under Landlord and Tenant Act 1954
- Tenant Insolvency
- Restrictive Covenants, freehold and leasehold
- Easements by express grant, implication, s62 LPA 1925, prescription and lost modern grant, estoppel
- Advice on management of blocks of flats including acquiring the Right to Manage
- Advice on Management Agreements for agents/freeholders
- Disputes concerning building works/defects
- Claims for breach of lease covenants, unauthorised alterations, unlawful subletting
- Boundary disputes
- Adverse Possession
- Party Wall matters
- Nuisance claims